EUCHNER's MGB (Multifunctional Gate Box) is a unique interlocking or guard locking system for the protection of safety doors on machines and systems. It is more than a safety switch, more than a bolt, and offers a lot more functionality. The MGB will work on both hinged and sliding doors. The basic system comprising of the handle module and interlocking/locking module includes numerous functions. Guard locking, escape release or other functions such as buttons for start/stop and Emergency stop are available. The recently updated version is equipped with changeable color lenses for pushbuttons, allowing the customer to use their desired colors. And with its modular design, an MGB control module can be added to function as a small operator panel.
The MGB safety system can be connected to almost any safety relay or to any safety control system. With a safety control system, the short circuit monitoring on the safety control system must be disabled as this function is performed by the MGB. Performance Level e is retained.
- RFID transponder technology
- Integrated lockout mechanism
- Auxiliary Release on front
- Up to 4 monitoring outputs available
- Optional escape release with door handle
- Optional buttons and indicators can be integrated directly into the housing
- Actuating direction is easily changed without disassembly
- Non-locking, Mechanical locking and Electrical locking versions available
- New changeable pushbutton color versions available
- Connection through threaded openings, RC18 or M12 12-pin plugs
- LED indicator continuously provides all important system information
- Space for up to four Controls and Indicators
- Solid door stop can withstand loads up to 300 Joules
- Lockout mechanism
- Can be used on both sliding doors and hinged doors
- Up to 10 MGB-AR units can be chained in series
- Flexible DIP switch configuration
- Handle rotation can be changed for Right or Left hinged doors
MGB L0 is a non-locking unit that can be opened at any time. Safety outputs are turned off immediately if the MGB is opened.
MGB L1 is mechanically locked and electrically unlocked. Safety outputs turn off as soon as the MGB is unlocked.
MGB L2 is electrically locked and mechanically unlocked (or solenoid power can be removed). Safety outputs turn off as soon as the MGB is unlocked.
MGB AP safety signals can be directly wired to your safety relay or safety PLC.
MGB AR can be series connected (to up to 10 MGBs) before the safety signals are sent to your safety control system.
MGBs can be directly connected to Euchner's ESM-BA series safety relays.
- Achieves safety Category 4 PLe
- Reinforced plastic, die-cast zinc nickel-plated, stainless steel housing
- Environmental protection IP42, IP54, IP65
- Ambient operating temperature -20 to 55C
- 2000N locking force
- Voltage: 24VDC +10%/-15%
- Current consumption: 80mA current (no load)
- 2 Safety PNP outputs - DC-13 - 200mA each
- Safety Output Test Pulses - 1ms max.
- Test Pulse Interval - 100ms min.
- Monitoring Outputs - 50mA max.
- AR connection - Up to 10 MGB units in series
- Mission Time - 20 years
NOTE: Mounting screws to MGB mounting plates should be M6x25. (2 per module)
You may also be interested in the optional MGB Control Module