The new safety system ESL from EUCHNER is a multifunctional door handle for protecting and monitoring safety guards such as doors and flaps on machines and installations.
It consists of a handle and an interlocking module equipped with the proven transponder-coded safety engineering CES. The use of transponder technology ensures maximum safety according to EN ISO 13849-1 (Cat. 4 / PLe) and provides the best possible protection against tampering.
With the installed CES AR evaluation electronics, up to 20 safety systems ESL or other EUCHNER AR-version products can be connected in series. The ESL is equipped with two easily visible LEDs for status indication, permitting rapid diagnosis.
- Simple and flexible mounting without mechanical effort
- Lockable with removable key to protect against unintentional machine standstill
- Robust die-cast aluminum housing for harsh environments
- Monitoring Output
- Diagnostic LEDs
- Maximum safety (Cat. 4 / PLe) thanks to integrated transponder-coded safety engineering
- Easily integrated
- Installs in any orientation
- Simple connection via M12 plug connector
- Multiple ESL units can be chained in series
- Not affected by magnetic fields
- Environmental protection of IP67- oil and dust tight, and water resistant
- Ambient operating temperature -20 to 55°C
- 24VDC, 40mA consumption
- 2 Safety PNP outputs (150mA max)
- Monitoring PNP output (50mA max)
ESL can be directly connected to Euchner's ESM-BA series safety relays.
Evaluation Unit Compatibility
ESL Door Handle compatible with the following evaluation units:
M12 cable - Direct connection:
M12 connector system - Series connection pictorial:
M12 connector system - Series connection schematic:
NOTE: ESL mounting screws should be M6 with washers. (4 total)