CES-I-AR Non-Contact Safety Switches are used to monitor the position of movable machine guarding by means of Inductive Coding. These systems are designed for use in areas where a high level of tamper resistance and safety is required. These systems feature an inductive read head with built-in evaluation and a digitally coded actuator. Unlike universally coded magnetic switches, the CES actuators are uniquely coded and cannot be bypassed by any means. The non-contact safety switch CES-I-C04 is suitable for systems on which a large number of safety doors need to be monitored. The small design of the actuator and read head (included integrated evaluation unit) allows easy mounting on the safety guard. CES-I-AR switches can be wired series chains.
- Combination read head and evaluation unit
- Very small design
- 3 active faces
- Monitoring output
- LED diagnostics
- Both AP and AR versions are available
- Achieves the highest level of safety
- Highest protection against tampering
- Short circuit detection by pulsed signals
- Non-contact system
- Overcomes misalignment issues
- Vibration resistant
- Up to 20 AR switches can be wired in series.
- Fast diagnostics with LEDs
- Suitable for left or right hinged doors
- Long operational life
- Operates under extreme environmental conditions e.g. dirt, moisture, ambient temperature
- Up to safety Category 4/PLe
- M12 or M8 connector
- Environmental Protection IP67 / IP69K (M8)
- Ambient operating temperature -25 to +65C
- Operating voltage 24VDC +/- 15%
- Current consumption 35mA
- Dimensions 42mm x 25mm x 18mm
- Safety output 150mA max load
- Monitoring output 50mA max load
All CES-I-C04 safety switches are compatible with actuator CES-A-BBN-C04 (ordered separately).
M12 cable - Direct connection:
Series wiring pictorial:
Series wiring schematic:
Can be directly connected to Euchner's ESM-BA series safety relays.
Can be series connected to Euchner's CES-AR-AES-12 evaluation unit.