EUCHNER CEM-AR-C40 Safety Switches are used for process protection. They work by means of integrated CES-AR Inductive Coding. These systems are designed for use in areas where a high level of tamper resistance and safety is required. These systems feature an inductive read head with integral evaluation unit, electromagmet latch, and a digitally coded actuator. These switches are good for Safety Category 4 and PL e according to EN ISO 13849-1 for door position monitoring.
- Available in Unicode and Multicode versions
- Integrated evaluation module
- Up to 20 switches wired in series
- Sturdy die-cast housing for harsh environments
- Status LED's
- Locking forces up to 600 N (135 lb)
- 3 levels of adhesive force available
- Maximum level of safety for for door position monitoring
- High protection against tampering
- Non-contact system
- Overcomes misalignment issues
- Vibration resistant
- Fault diagnostics
- Minimizes down-time
- Operates under extreme environmental conditions e.g. dirt, moisture, ambient temperature
- M23 or M12 8-pin connector
- Environmental Protection IP67 - oil and dust tight, and water resistant
- Operating voltage 24VDC +/- 15%
- Current consumption 350mA
- Ambient operating temperature -20 to 55C
- Die-cast aluminum housing
- Solenoid face Nickel-plated steel
- Locking forces up to 600 N
- Adhesive force 0, 30, 50 N
- Set to 30N by default
- Diagnostic LED's
CEM-AR-C40 switches can be directly connected to Euchner's ESM-BA series safety relays.
All CEM-AR-C40 safety switches are compatible with actuator A-C40-113869 (ordered separately).
Accessory Programming Adapter 125481 for adjustable adhesive force ordered separately.
NOTE: CEM-AR switch mounting screws should be M5x45 or longer.