IO-Link Gateway with relay outputs for BP/BR switches
- IO-Link device for reading process and device data of BP/BR safety switches and transferring them to a higher-level control system
- Control of guard locking of BP/BR switches, depending on the switch used
- Compact version measuring only 18 mm in width
- Rail mounting
- LED status indicators
- Sensor circuit 1: connection of single- or dual-channel safety switches with floating contacts; short circuit, earth fault and ground fault detection
- Sensor circuit 2: connection of 2 safety outputs for BP/BR switches
- Use as safety relay with two safe outputs
- Start button and feedback loop can be connected
- Safety relay: use up to category 4 according to EN ISO 13849-1
The following functions are possible given the corresponding wiring:
- Start input for automatic start or a monitored start button
- Monitoring of downstream relays or contactors (feedback loop)
- Short circuit monitoring to detect short circuits between the connecting cables and to shut down the outputs or prevent relay starting if necessary
- Earth fault/ground fault monitoring to detect short circuits between the connecting cables and earth or ground and to shut down the outputs or prevent relay starting if necessary.
- The outputs are redundantly designed and electrically decoupled.
- Simultaneity monitoring of the safety outputs to monitor safety components over time.
- No time-delayed shutdown
Industry 4.0 ready
Process data are cyclically sent to the control system via IO-Link. These data include all status signals, such as the door or guard locking position, and the indication of whether a switch is in the limit range of the actuating range.
The process data are available to the control system after approx. 200 ms and can be used for the automation process.
Moreover, acyclical polling can be used to collect environmental data such as the internal switch temperature, the applied voltage or the ID of the transponder used, as well as other values.
Plug and Play series connection
- Connection for safety switches with BR technology without addressing the individual switches
- The wiring and configuration work is minimized.
Device data and events
The higher-level control system can poll more than 30 different items of information from the connected switches. Comprehensive data transmission via IO-Link enables targeted preventive maintenance, for example.
Simple implementation of innovative applications
Device data from the actuators used can be employed to detect individual rotary table positions or different containers, for example.
Controls and indicators
|LED indicator||1x operating voltage display PWR, 5x status displays DIA, STATE1, STATE2, K1/K2, IO-Link|
Electrical connection ratings
|at 24V DC||1.44 W|
|Connection cross-section||0.2 ... 1.5 mm²|
|Rated insulation voltage Ui||320 V|
|Rated impulse withstand voltage Uimp|
|Leakage path/air gaps||4 kV|
|Duty cycle||100 %|
|Overvoltage category according to IEC EN 60664-1||2|
|Power dissipation||max. 6.45 W ((US=30 V, UL=30 V, I²=72 A²))|
|Degree of contamination (external, according to EN 60947-1)||2|
Mechanical values and environment
|Stripping length||8 mm|
|Dimensions||17.5 x 116.5 x 114.5|
|Connection||plug-in spring terminals|
|Degree of protection|
|IP54 (Installation location, min.)|
|Type specification||Electromechanical relay with positively driven contacts according to IEC/EN 61810-3 (EN 50205)|
|Installation orientation||vertical or horizontal|
|Atmospheric humidity||max. 75 % rH|
|Mounting type||Mounting rail 35 mm according to DIN EN 60715 TH35|
|(operation)||-25 ... +60 °C|
|permissible shock and vibration load||10 Hz...150 Hz, 2 g|
Reliability values acc. to EN ISO 13849-1
|ESPE type||Type A|
|Mission time||20 y (This value is dependent on the number of switching cycles and the switching current.)|
|according to EN ISO 13849||4|
|according to EN ISO 13849||(A demand rate of the safety function of once per month is required for applications in PL e)|
|für IEC 61508 - Low Demand||3,76 x 10-5 (Dieser Wert ist abhängig von der Anzahl der Schaltzyklen und dem Schaltstrom.)|
|for IEC 61508 – high demand||1.00 x 10-9 (This value is dependent on the number of switching cycles and the switching current.)|
Download all important documents with a single click.
- The operating instructions and any additions to the operating instructions or brief instructions
- Any data sheets to supplement the operating instructions
- The declaration of conformity
|Customs tariff number||85371098|