EUCHNER Bolts guide the actuator into the switch head and provide a layer of protection against physical switch damage. Wear is reduced, prolonging switch life and weight of heavy doors can be supported by the bolt instead of switch mechanisms. When opened, the actuator mounted on the bolt handle is pulled away or out of the actuator head of the safety switch. The opening of the NC contacts of the safety switch fulfils the applicable safety standard and permits access to the protected space. In addition to standard bolts, Euchner also offers bolts with emergency release, in accordance with the EU Machinery Directive. These bolts facilitate opening of the locked safety guard from within a hazardous area, to allow personnel to escape and prevent them from being locked in. The latest in the Euchner Bolts line is the plastic series which allow for wash down situations. These heavy duty plastic bolts can be used on doors where metal bolts are too heavy.
- Form a mechanical locking mechanism
- Available for most EUCHNER safety switches
- Extensive product range
- Products refined in every detail
- Actuator is accurately guided into the actuation head of the safety switch.
- Prevents damage to the safety switch
- Actuator is safety guarded
- If the safety door is shaken, the force is transmitted to the mechanically strong bolt and not to the safety switch
- Allows one or more padlocks to be attached to lock the bolt in the open position during set-up and service
- Standard aluminum profiles are frequently used for safety guards
- For select products plastic profiles available
- Reinforced polypropylene handles
- Temperature resistance up to 100C